Drolet Savannah? and another question about smell

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snosurfa7

Mar 25, 2009
VA
Just looking for more opinions on the Drolet Savannah - looks like the reviews on Northern Tool were positive, wondering if anyone here has had personal experience?

I think it just has the most bang for the buck and coupled with some more positive reviews from a non-northern tool site could be the one for the house. Big plus is minimum clearance 6" from rear wall and already installed blower. The only thing I don't like about it is more an aesthetic feature in that it does not have the "legs" but rather the pedestal - but I guess that is what makes it mobile home safe?

And since I am new to this wood burning stove thing, I was wondering will you still be able to smell that good wood burning smell outside of the house like a traditional stove or fireplace? Just wondering, with all the EPA regulations and such...thanks!

Oh yeah, and also looking at a PE Alderlea T4 or 5, but can't find a price on these yet...I have a feeling they are going to be big $$$. Guess I should have given a little info too on my heating goals...1190 square foot single story house, rarely drops below 20 at night around here...

The only time you get the good old wood smoke smell is when you are first starting or you put in a new load. When the EPA stoves are at temp, you get very little smell and no smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.