Drolet Tundra 2 digital error code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

JBird19

Sep 24, 2023
New Brunswick
Hey everyone

I'm hoping you guys can help me with this problem. Yesterday my grandfather purchased a droplet tundra 2 wood furnace and we were installing it in his basement. We were following the installation instructions very carefully ( since it's my first time ever doing this type of thing). Once we had the RTD set and plugged the furnace in the blower immediately came on and a steady beeping noise. On the back of the furnace there is a digital read out for your thermostat. It just says EHOT. Looking through the Manual and there is nothing on error code for the thermostat. I even tried unplugging the furnace multiple times as well as the RTD. Anyone know what that code means?

Hey everyone

I'm hoping you guys can help me with this problem. Yesterday my grandfather purchased a droplet tundra 2 wood furnace and we were installing it in his basement. We were following the installation instructions very carefully ( since it's my first time ever doing this type of thing). Once we had the RTD set and plugged the furnace in the blower immediately came on and a steady beeping noise. On the back of the furnace there is a digital read out for your thermostat. It just says EHOT. Looking through the Manual and there is nothing on error code for the thermostat. I even tried unplugging the furnace multiple times as well as the RTD. Anyone know what that code means?
Sure that RTD is wired right...might be that the wires are reversed? I think its a multiconnector, so the wires would have been reversed at the factory, but it happens. You might also want to make sure the wires are plugged in and making good connection too...unplug the multiconnector and make sure the pins dont back out when you push on them (check both sides) if the individual pins aren't locked into the connector right they'll easily push out when you plug it in.
I worked on a Drolet Heat Commander that had the thermocouples wired backwards (factory wired) I don't recall now what it did, but it sure wasn't right! (acted like it was overheated IIRC)
Look at the top of page 33 in the manual, does it give a temp readout like it shows there? (or that's where you got the EHOT readout?)
Give Drolet techline a call tomorrow, they'll take care of you...or maybe @SBI_Nick has some input here...

Last edited:
This is where I'm getting the EHOT Code
20230925_100141.jpg