drolet wood furnace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Iatrapper

Jan 27, 2014
Iowa
Does anyone on here have one? Or anyone no much about them? Ive ben looking up the heatmax and the tundra, i cant tell what the difference between them is, they seem to have the same specs to me. Both sound like a hell of a furnace but id like to get as much information on them as i can. Any info would b appreciated, thanks.

They are the same furnace. It is a marketing thing. It's so certain big box stores can weasel out of price matching "exact same part #" products. They had a glitch or two right outta the gate, but it sounds like they have it under control now and what you would purchase now should be the updated product. FYI, there is a loooong thread about them over on AS, I'll post a link, but if that's not cool, mods feel free to remove it. http://www.arboristsite.com/communi...ace-to-market-the-drolet-tundra.232092/unread

Last edited:
Fine with me, post away. Thanks for the info

Like posted, there were a few issues. For what features the furnace contains, it's a lot of furnace for the money. I have a Caddy, but the Tundra shares many of its features for a lower budget. From what I've read, most users of the Tundra's have been happy. Like any modern unit whether stove or furnace, they require good seasoned wood and a good draft. They have a 6" outlet, so the chimney should be close to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.