dropped 4 trees today...little bucking..and a small amout of splitting..pics..video

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
4 nice size sycamores today....only pics of
click this first pic and it will take u to a video
th_video-2012-01-16-11-32-42.gif

sycamore number 1 this is the one in the video....
2012-01-16124044.gif

sycamore number 2
2012-01-16135318.gif

2012-01-16135322.gif

sycamore number 3
2012-01-16135333.gif

2012-01-16135329.gif

and the small amount of splitting done
2012-01-16135344.gif

Great pictures.
Awesome countryside.
Only thing missing was the trailer loaded up full of fire wood ;)
You didn't even take a break to go fishing :lol:
Good job!

I'm loving the pics of the country . . . would be even more amazing to see in Spring or Summer I'm guessing.

Those are some nasty looking trees. Bet you are happy you have the hydraulics.

yeah hydraulics come in handy on the sycamore....but im gonna split all the smaller stuff by hand...a whole lot quicker....backwoods there is some narly ones still to come in the future

Yeah, I figured by the pictures there would be some nasty stuff in there. Good luck on it.

that trailer wont see much wood for a while.....all this wood we are cutting is for 3 years out...u see the field in the pic there...thats where this wood will be stacked to get plenty of sunlight and season out....we will just load the tractors bucket up and dump then stack..

I thought with the trailer hitch on the back of the splitter beam, trailer was hooked on & you split & threw it into the trailer.
Still looks very similar to cheating with the tractor, bucket, splitter, trailer "all in one tool".
Great video & watched the one dragging the log with the tractor too. (like I said , very similar to cheating ) LOL :lol:
Great set up. !!

That's some nice work there! That video is awesome!

thats the way its normally done dave but not far to go to stack this wood so quicker just to make short trips.and we can rarely get the trailer into where we are cutting..it usually gets parked where u see it there and the tractor takes bucket loads and dumps in the trailer....i didnt know there was cheating with firewood...but trust me its not always this easy.....i hand split most of my wood..but when it comes to sycamore..elm..and hickory the hydraulics getrdone........

steeltowninwv said:
thats the way its normally done dave but not far to go to stack this wood so quicker just to make short trips.and we can rarely get the trailer into where we are cutting..it usually gets parked where u see it there and the tractor takes bucket loads and dumps in the trailer....i didnt know there was cheating with firewood...but trust me its not always this easy.....i hand split most of my wood..but when it comes to sycamore..elm..and hickory the hydraulics getrdone........

No such thing as "Easy Firewood", some is just easier than other.
The tractor helps allot, saving your back & moving it around. Big work saver. ;)
All wood cutting, is a pretty labor intensive process.
Several here with tractors.
Us "non tractor" guys call you all "spoiled" :lol; LOL

Is that one of the easy on/off loaders? If so, is it easy enough that you ever do it? I have a 770 but would like the option of popping the loader off while working in the woods.

Status
Not open for further replies.