Dry Creek/ PA Pellets, Investment in biomass pellet plant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
PA has bought out Dry Creek, I heard that Dry Creek was struggling. Sure hope PA uses the Dry Creek process to improve the PA brand. IMHO Dry Creek was a better pellet hands down!

OMG....Dry creek is the only pellet my kozi likes...

msmith66 said:
PA and Dry Creek pellets are coming out on the same plant in NY and in the same Drycreek and PA bags.

If they come from the same plant, they are definitely not making them the same...

Shouldn't be to hard to improve PA Pellets....nowhere to go but up!

Whats the story with PA Pellets?? My dealer sells them. Haven't yet, but should I not try them in my Harman??

chrisasst said:
OMG....Dry creek is the only pellet my kozi likes...

Hopefully, the new Englander will solve some of that problem....I'm betting those Cubies you have will burn just fine. ;-)

I did have 1 pallet of cubex that did great, now I am at the bottom of my pile and they are not doing so well again..

gfreek said:
Whats the story with PA Pellets?? My dealer sells them. Haven't yet, but should I not try them in my Harman??

You can try them, but you'll be cleaning your stove twice as much as you usually do. very ashy with low BTU's.

Wonder if Paul Ceglias defunct operation got snagged up in the deal. Wasn't it in Wellsville?
Been to PA pellets operation several times. They got their chit together when it comes to raw material sourcing.DC and PA should make for a good combination.

I have a house in Wellsville, that wasn't much of a operation.
Paul is the guy suing Facebook for ownership.

Dry Creek is in Arcade its a big operation I have been buying their pellets and burn great in my Quad with no issues.

I had PA pellets from last year and the clogged my feed up. and stove would go out.

I hope they don't screw up dry creek.

It was hard to find dry creek they are 1 mile fronm the GF and wouldn't sell direct only 2 places in the area had them.

I think the Dry Creek product and name will stand strong and now with good resorces of dust will be a big player in 2011-2012. We have sold their product since year one and is still very much called for. Greg and Mary are still hands on in the operations. only thing change is the owner the product is the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.