Dryer vent.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodMann

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2008
New Mexico
Hey Guys- ya'll prolly remember me asking about air quality and proper venting of the furnaces for the GF's house, well that's all good, thank you. Now what we're looking at is a washer and dryer and have extremely limited space to work with. The big question that I can't seem to find a straight answer on is about the exhust vent for a clothes dryer. what's the smalles raduis one that exists. the sharper/ smaller the better.
Thanks............

Dryer installation manual has drawings. Go on line for an example.

Most full sized residential dryers use 4" diam vents.

Thank you- I'm aware that the vents are pretty standard at 4"- it's the elbow that I'm at issues with; immediately exiting the dryer. I haven't really googled around because frankly I don't know what to look for. it's the 90* peice right out the dryer that I'm looking for the tightest one available so I thought I'd ask someone in the know about these things...............

039899030065lg.jpg
From Lowes' website

Thank you- I'm aware that the vents are pretty standard at 4"- it's the elbow that I'm at issues with; immediately exiting the dryer. I haven't really googled around because frankly I don't know what to look for. it's the 90* peice right out the dryer that I'm looking for the tightest one available so I thought I'd ask someone in the know about these things...............

This might be helpful. http://www.buy.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=223536068&sellerid=21200627

Status
Not open for further replies.