Drying Corn

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mailmanmark

May 14, 2008
Upstate New York
Anyone know of a way to dry corn other than putting it next to the wood stove? I contacted Breckwell and they said I could burn a 1:3 ratio of corn to pellets in my
Big E. Everyone around here just sells feed corn. BTW, how do you know if the corn is <15% moisture content??? Thanks.

The local co-op elevator that your local farmers take their corn to can measure your moisture content for you.

mailmanmark said:
Anyone know of a way to dry corn other than putting it next to the wood stove? I contacted Breckwell and they said I could burn a 1:3 ratio of corn to pellets in my
Big E. Everyone around here just sells feed corn. BTW, how do you know if the corn is <15% moisture content??? Thanks.

You might be able to buy dried corn from a local elevator.

Status
Not open for further replies.