ds confort max stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

spoolie25

Oct 18, 2017
north nj
any one have real world experance with this stove? i have a pellet stove in the home i bought and i am not a fan. i dont like the fact if my power goes out i have no heat. i understand there are ups and downs. just want to see i read the thread on not asking what people think is the best. but lets be honest real world experiance is better. but at the same time we all do thngs different.

This is a coal stove, correct? If so you may get better real world opinions over on the coal forum at www.nepacrossroads.com.

OK, DS lists it as a coal stove, though the information on their website is really minimal. My guess is that it's likely to be a far better coal stove than wood stove.

OK, DS lists it as a coal stove, though the information on their website is really minimal. My guess is that it's likely to be a far better coal stove than wood stove.
They actually burn pretty well untill the unsupported firebrick wall cracks and the cast plate behind it warps. They are well built but poorley designed