DS Stoves Comfort Max 75

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

camaro14

Aug 18, 2015
NE Ohio
I made another trip to the stove shop today and was looking at the DS stove comfort max 75. I liked it because it could burn both wood and coal. Does anyone have any experience with these stoves? I posted earlier this week about BK stoves and was all set to get one until I started looking at the DS today.

I have worked on a few ds stoves and honestly their construction is very good but their design is pretty poor. I will research that particular model and see if it is one i have worked on. But i will tell you that they will not compare at all to a bk. And very few companies have been able to do a wood coal combo that works well on both. Honestly most combos dont work all that well on either one

Most of the amish houses around here use them. I've heard good local feedback. They are very well built. Not the most technologically advanced. Should be a good heater though. I personally would go with the Blaze King as you would probably enjoy more efficiency and less wood use.

Yeah i worked on that one it has a back wall of firebrick with no support behind it. I have yet to work on one that didnt have broken brick and they need to all be taken out to service the stove. It is not a durable design and it does not burn cleanly at all Because the smoke goes up then down behind that back wall then up again behind another intermediate wall. It does extract allot of heat but it reduces the flue temps to much. It is poor design plain and simple. The construction is very good i just wish they would get someone in who knows how to design a stove.

Thanks everyone for your feedback. You have reinforced my decision to get the BK. I will be purchasing it sometime this week. Thanks again everyone for your help. This is a great forum!

If you were interested in burning coal only DS coal only stoves would be a great option. For you Blaze King will no doubt be a better option. What is your flue setup?

Status
Not open for further replies.