Dual function wood transporter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mywaynow

Minister of Fire
Dec 13, 2010
Northeast
Along with learning the ins/outs of the new stove, I have had to deal with a shorter long length requirement. Was contemplating building a rack like others here have when it hit me; garden wagon! It can be packed tight enough to hold the wood in place and does not have to be restocked for delivery. Worked fine, although somewhat a low volume process. Just means the saw will be fired up every 5-6 days. Not a problem.

Attachments

• longwood.jpg
    longwood.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 462
  • shortwood.jpg
    shortwood.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 467
pretty cool....only problem i see vs the wooden would be if u messed up u would ruin a chain.....its kewl how u cut then turn it up and take the wood in

First tipped the wagon, then cut and stand the wagon back up

Good idea.
You do burn the shorties in shoulder season "right" :)
I think I'd try to get a bit ahead, just in case winter every comes your way ;)

My 1st EPA put me in that boat with all my firewood too long. With my new EPA stove I can use wood longer than my splitter will split. So I solved the problem with a new stove hehehehe.

I had to recut 3 cord one time and it bothered me how much I'd lose to the kerf of the chain. I put my two boys to work with a Sawzall.

My wife has that same model wagon. I've used it a few times to move heavy loads and found that the front wheels wanted to lift up. I drilled out the rivet on the convertible handle, drilled a new hole for it and extended its length.

What is that track for on the ground? I was thinking of laying track from the woodshed to the house to bring the wood in.

That is some old galvanized pipe that I recycled to use as a base for stacks. Originally I welded it into racks but that was a better idea on paper than in reality. Not enough capacity. I have the same issue with the front lifting. It's a PITA! Going to look at the handle to do the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.