Duchwest 2477 vs Hampton h200

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rasmussenjohn

Dec 15, 2011
north il
Hi to anyone who can help
Myself and my wife were in the market for a small wood stove. So we went to a few stores and settled on the Duchwest (non cat) 2477 small.

So we ordered it only to have the dealer to call us later and tell us that the stove line was to be discontinued and if we still wanted it. As he could still get it.

We felt it wasent the wisest thing to do so back to the store we went very disapointed I might add. We both realy liked the look of the stove. even after reading it has a learning curve I still wanted it. Mostly thanks to Gordo's posts here.

Well I wanted to go with the Napoleon 1150p cooking stove or or Alderlea T4. Well it was the Hampton h200 my wife fell in love with. So she wins and we order the Hampton h200. Her main reason was the size of the stove we have a small living room were it will get installed.

So to the point did we make a good choice with the Hampton h200? Is it a good stove for a 1100 sqr ft ranch?
Only one person has posted on here he put one in his kichen and seem to like it.

I wecome any advice on the stove and any input on my choice or should I say my wifes choice.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.