Dulcimer players?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mattjm1017

Feeling the Heat
Oct 23, 2012
Corapeake NC
Ive been very interested in learning how to play the dulcimer and have decided to go ahead and buy one and a book maybe I can learn myself how to play. Im just wondering if theres any hearth members that play and have some opinions on a good dulcimer for a beginner.

Do you mean a hammered or mountain dulcimer? Both are great instruments and relatively easy to make as well as play. I've got one (hammered) I made from Cherry kicking around somewheres.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
I have one I'd be happy to sell. My (late) wife bought it some years ago, played it a bit, then took up playing the recorder with a group. So the dulcimer has seen very little use. It's a McSpadden 4 string lap mountain dulcimer. Model MIZW. Walnut scroll. Signed by Richard Stoltze. If interested, PM me & we can talk. RIck

ETA: Nice soft case, too.

Do you mean a hammered or mountain dulcimer? Both are great instruments and relatively easy to make as well as play. I've got one (hammered) I made from Cherry kicking around somewheres.

Mountain dulcimer is what Im looking for. I have found some different instructions on making one but I htink for now I would like to buy one and see how well I can play it before I devote time to making one.

I have one I'd be happy to sell. My (late) wife bought it some years ago, played it a bit, then took up playing the recorder with a group. So the dulcimer has seen very little use. It's a McSpadden 4 string lap mountain dulcimer. Model MIZW. Walnut scroll. Signed by Richard Stoltze. If interested, PM me & we can talk. RIck

ETA: Nice soft case, too.
PM sent thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.