Dumb blower question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

robertjp

Oct 7, 2008
Western NY
OK so I bought a us stove aps1100b for our cottage. It came with a blower. My question is can I use the stove without the blower since there is no electric? ( although I could plug into an inverter off a 12volt batt.) How less effective will it be without it ? Thanks BP the newbie

robertjp said:
OK so I bought a us stove aps1100b for our cottage. It came with a blower. My question is can I use the stove without the blower since there is no electric? ( although I could plug into an inverter off a 12volt batt.) How less effective will it be without it ? Thanks BP the newbie

If your stove is free standing and not pushed back in a hearth, the non-use of a blower is not an issue. The blower only enhances the movement of the heat being produced by the stove and helps to spread it over a wider area.

Status
Not open for further replies.