Dumb Question: How do you reattach the flue collar/pipe?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bsa0021

Feeling the Heat
Oct 1, 2008
Ohio
With out reaching through the stove and through the damper. I have about an 1.5" of of pipe hanging down between the lower pipe. Is there an easier way to get two pipes together? I have a couple of 45s above the collar.

I'm not sure what you're asking but I think you've got your downpipe all together and you can't lift it to get it over/onto the stove ?
If so, I imagine you'll have to assemble it from the stove up and wiggle around with the 45s to make the last connections.
That, or go out and get an adjustable straight section.

Yes you have that right. The upper pipe is two long to slide into the pipe above the stove. An adjustable straight section sounds like it might help. Where can I get one?

I have single wall. That looks like that will help. I wish my installer would have used that in the first place. Thanks Brian VT!

Status
Not open for further replies.