Dump bed insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No personal experience, my thought is most trucks probably cannot handle the weight legally. It does not take much to overload a pick up and it is kind of expensive just to be able to dump. I guess like all things some will feel it is worthwhile some wont. I have hauled alot of gravel, dirt, mulch and just unload by hand. My thought is what I would pay for delivery, $75.00 thats 3-4 loads of product, so the cost of a dumper would be the whole project. If you are thinking of hauling for money, then all the DOT rules kick in and that is a nightmare.

Loadhandler is one of the best investments I ever made. I unload sand, sand/salt, mulch, stone dust, firewood and even one ton of pellets on a pallet. Moves anything. Cheaper way out and will last a long time. You can get them in most truck supply places. The link below is for example only.

http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200336228_200336228

Status
Not open for further replies.