Dump Zone Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

timberr

Sep 17, 2008
Hill, NH
I have the parts for my dump zone, I am going to run baseboard in the basement and use an auto-mag type zone valve (thermalsiphon). My question is were to tap into my Supply from the boiler. I have my Grondfoss 3 speed circulator about 24" about the boiler, the circulator has a check valve in it. Seems like I should put a "T" before the circulator, run it to the auto-mag then to the baseboard and back to the return side.

Sound right?

Thanks

Sounsd right to me. The check valve would stop thermosiphon. You just need the elivation of the baseboard and closr proximity to the boiler. They require this setup on solid fueled boilers in Maine on commercial jobs now.

TS

Status
Not open for further replies.