Dunkirk Gas boiler shutoff question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Huskurdu

Jun 10, 2008
Southwestern NY
I was able to figure out how to turn my gas boiler down to 140 deg so that it doesn't kick on unless the incoming water from the wood boiler gets down below that, but it sometimes kicks on anyway. I was wondering if there is a way to shutting that portion of the gas boiler down altogether but still have the circ pump still run when the zones kick on? The wife is nervous that we are going to be making payments on the wood boiler and get a big gas bill! I don't know if they put standard controls on gas boilers or if all controls are different. What would you need to identify the control unit?

Status
Not open for further replies.