Dura-Vent DVL damper fitting

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beetle-Kill

Minister of Fire
Sep 8, 2009
Colorado- near the Divide
Well, I was all set. Getting ready to install my old beast, and I could NOT get the damper to fit in the stove collar. Trying to fit an 8" Dura-Vent DVL damper on my old Timberline. The collar is 8" OD, with about an 7 13/16" ID. My cuticles are a bloody mess by now, so I ask- What is the trick? Do I need to have this re-crimped to a smaller OD? Can I cut it to squeeze the sides in, or is this thought wrong? I'm not messing with it anymore this evening, as I have mucho snow to blow if I ever want to get to work tomorrow, but I'm planning to be back at it tomorrow night. Thanks all. BTW, it is 8" DVL, and the damper was supposed to be a "drip-less" fit- inside the collar.

Going by your measurements, the stove collar is only 3/32" thick or half or 3/16". That's super thin. It's got to go inside somehow and rather than cut it I would be using the proper crimping tool to tighten the crimped area.

FWIW I had the opposite problem with the duravent double wall damper fittting. It was way too small and since you can't expand the crimps, it sits on my shelf waiting for a garage sale. I just shoved the double wall pipe right down into the stove and skipped this adapter piece.

Status
Not open for further replies.