Dura Vent Piping Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David T

Sep 22, 2012
I wanted to hook a wood stove up using Dura Vents double wall pipe to the stove inside and then use their throught the wall chimney kit. This is a new installation and I wanted to start from the 6" I.D. cast flue collar that will be bolted to the top of the stove. I wanted to put an Dura Vent Adaptor / Damper onto the cast flue collar and go with pipe from there. I have asked sellers online how to connect and I have gotten different answers. Would anyone know how to connect a Dura Vent Adaptor/ Damper to the flue collar so it would work and how does it connect and can you place it directly on or in the the cast flue collar that bolts on the stove. Any help appreciated.

Thank you

You would put stove pipe either single or double wall into the stove collar and run that to the class a where it goes through the wall

You would typically use a DVL stovetop adaptor with a damper. This attached right to the flue collar. If its a modern high eff. stove, you likely won't need a damper though.

Status
Not open for further replies.