Dura Vent T adapter Cleaning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kenstogie

Feeling the Heat
Oct 2, 2012
Albany (ish)
I have a OAK of the below variety and would like to clean my exhaust venting

Isn't there a way to open up that bottom of that T connector for cleaning??

I pulled off the aluminum vent tape and cant really see how to take it apart??

If there isn't why the he!! not??

Oh and many thanks to those that have chimed in with my past questions and helped me with there knowledge, :)
20121129_134026.jpg

20121129_134143.jpg

its that easy?? what sections separate??

I have a OAK of the below variety and would like to clean my exhaust venting

Isn't there a way to open up that bottom of that T connector for cleaning??

I pulled off the aluminum vent tape and cant really see how to take it apart??

If there isn't why the he!! not??

Oh and many thanks to those that have chimed in with my past questions and helped me with there knowledge, :)
The bottom end of that tee is actually a cap that you "twist and pull" off.

thanks, i tried that but it seems stuck.

I use an oil filter wrench.

Reactions: kenstogie
good idea especially since i have one.

All of the above. Use 2 filter wrenches if you have em. Unless you have gorilla hands, it's hard to get a good grip on the pipe as you turn the cap. Might come right off, prob be a bit of a pain though.

its the very bottom portion that protudes out about an inch or thereabouts, correct?

yes. righty tighty... lefty loosy. I say this from experiences of my own.

its the very bottom portion that protudes out about an inch or thereabouts, correct?

Yes and it will turn less than a quarter turn counterclockwise looking up from the floor.

thats what i thought but doesnt budge but i will try my binford oil filter wrench ;)

If yer using a Binford, make sure you don't crush the pipe ;)

Try using a little PB Blaster or something. Might help. Make sure you wipe it off before reassembling.

Reactions: SmokeyTheBear
Roger P38x2. Will do. I have that stuff, I heard it's great but better if you let it soak a bit.

i did finally get it, it didnt come apart in the spott i thought. i ended up using a "strap wrench" which is basically a nylon reinforced belt wedged in a handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.