Dura Vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

daveandpamckay

Sep 7, 2007
does anyone know where i can get a 6 inch 30 degree dura vent for a 6 inch double chimney stack. Not looking for dura tech as it will run between my wood stove and the round chimney support collar?

According to Simpson's catalog they only make 90 and 45 degree elbows for the DVL double wall black pipe.

you can try looking around at ventingpipe.com
I think they make a 30° stove collar, if that will help.

If you can be more specific with what you want... for example if I want a copy of something I don't ask for a xerox'd copy. Are you looking for an elbow, a straight pipe, double wall pipe... just let me know.. I can be a great resource for you..

Here is what they are looking for, but in a 30 degree and Simpson only makes it in 90 degree and 45 degree. The problem with using somebody elses double wall elbow would be that everybody makes the darn connections differently for their double wall pipes and the air cooling channels wouldn't line up either.

Attachments

• Simpson_8645.jpg
    Simpson_8645.jpg
    16 KB · Views: 209
gotcha it's double walled... we currently don't offer that.. but I will look into it... one of the idea's I like to offer is that we are very flexible with anyone's installation, we make single walled (sp) elbows in any degree based on what the customer requests anything from 30, 45, 60, 75, or 90.. We serve to make our customers' installation easier... have any questions feel free to let me know...

MagnaFlex said:
gotcha it's double walled... we currently don't offer that.. but I will look into it... one of the idea's I like to offer is that we are very flexible with anyone's installation, we make single walled (sp) elbows in any degree based on what the customer requests anything from 30, 45, 60, 75, or 90.. We serve to make our customers' installation easier... have any questions feel free to let me know...

no kidding??? do you do custom at the factory?? if so you just became my hero. please PM me your company contact info ,would love to talk to ya. also, i'd love to have customer contact info at my disposal for customer recomendations. normally we recommend simpson , but they generally dont have odd elbows , and things like that ,not as much flexability. if you guys have that capability i betcha i can generate you some buisness.

P.S. i'll respond to anything you send me but im going on vacation tomorrow so it will be a week or so before i get to respond to ya. i also dropped you an e mail through your website, if i havent said it before i will now , its great having a venting industry rep in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.