Duraliner tee to rigid connection question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

deguireb

Oct 22, 2014
Massachusetts
This question is for people who have installed the Duraliner single wall tee to Duraliner double wall rigid pipe.

Question: Did you rivet the tee to the outer liner or did you drill through and rivet to the inner liner?

I am about to install and am hung up on this detail, please respond if you have done this installation.

Thanks, Bryan

Last edited:
Welcome Brian. I am not following the type of installation here. Normally if there is a tee it is done with the same DuraTech class A pipe. Are you using DuraVent class A double wall (DuraTech) chimney pipe? A picture or two is always helpful.

Welcome Brian. I am not following the type of installation here. Normally if there is a tee it is done with the same DuraTech class A pipe. Are you using DuraVent class A double wall (DuraTech) chimney pipe? A picture or two is always helpful.

This is a masonry breech using a duraliner tee and a duraliner rigid pipe. The tee is attached to the pipe and is lower down the flue. Connecting sections of pipe to pipe is obvious but the tee is a single wall and I am not sure what to do. Bryan

Status
Not open for further replies.