DuraPlus Chimney w/Heat-n-Glo Northstar?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gazerbeam

Oct 31, 2006
Central Illinois
After downloading and reading the installation manuals of both the Quadra-Fire 7100 and Heat-n-Glo Northstar, I noticed that the 7100 allows the use of a DuraPlus chimney system (DuraPlus Base Plate required), while the Northstar doesn't state this. Knowing that both are very similar, can I use a Dura Plus chimney with the Northstar?

Thanks!!

Gazerbeam said:
After downloading and reading the installation manuals of both the Quadra-Fire 7100 and Heat-n-Glo Northstar, I noticed that the 7100 allows the use of a DuraPlus chimney system (DuraPlus Base Plate required), while the Northstar doesn't state this. Knowing that both are very similar, can I use a Dura Plus chimney with the Northstar?

Thanks!!

Depends - what does the Northstar say about it's chimney requirement?

If it calls out a specific manufacturers chimney, especially if it is an air cooled chimney made for that stove or family of stove models, then that called out chimney is the ONLY thing you can use.

OTOH if they say something like "Class A chimney" or call out a specific chimney, "OR EQUIVALENT" (and DuraPlus is equivalent) then you can use Duraplus

Gooserider

Status
Not open for further replies.