DuraPlus vs. DuraTech ??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugboy

Mar 5, 2007
north-central Kansas
What is the main difference (other than triple wall vs. double wall). It appears they are both rated 2100 deg., have the same clearance requirements, are "class A" and do the same function.

Am I better off using one or the other? It looks like the prices are close.

Very little difference. The only differences I've noted are the larger diameter of the air-cooled pipe versus the insulated stuff. Also, and this might be hard for me to prove because I'm not going to hook up a duratech system in place of the current duraplus system I have, but I think it takes a little longer to get the air-cooled pipe warm enough to draft properly.

Personally, if I was buying pipe, I'd buy dura-techa.

We always use the DuraTech, works fine. I think the DuraPlus is supposed to keep the chimney warmer because it has an insulation wrap plus an air space insulation. This is will keep the cold outside air away a little better than just the insulation wrap. You can read about them both on thier site.

http://www.duravent.com/?page=1.php

Status
Not open for further replies.