Duratech,Excell ICC,MetalFab,Metalbestos,or Ventis class A chimney?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayl65

Nov 9, 2012
Slowly working on my Pacific Energy Alderlea T5 install. I have been working on the hearth and surround for a while and getting closer to the chimney installation. Locally I can source Dura Plus and ICC. I can make the drive over to Albuquerque to get other brands but for right now online seems to be my best option. I can get DuraPlus at Home depot but they don't carry all of the parts I need. I can also get DuraPlus at a local Truevalue hardware store. Its expensive though. A little over $900. I can also get ICC at the local fireplace shop and they quoted me $1200. Also expensive. I only need my roof and support box and 72" of chimney. I need double wall stove pipe because of clearances and need one 6" piece with adapter, 2 45%elbows and one telescopic piece that would go to 48". Its a basic installation.

I have searched online and am confused. I contacted Dynamitebuys.com and they have been helpful. I know I don't want the triple wall Duraplus after reading the forums here. Ive priced the system out on several websites and the price varies up to $200 difference for each brand. I recently found Ventis pipe by Olympia and like the sound of it. How does it compare to ICC or Duratech?

Also, I havent been able to tell if I need a stove adapter for my T5. Can anyone tell me if I need one. I think I do but Im really just guessing.

Dynamitebuys also said that the clearances were lower on the MetalFab pipe. Can anyone address this. I'll have more than 6" for all of my interior stove pipe. So I should be good with any double wall interior stove pipe.

Any preferences and why?

Thanks

I like DuraTech, but am not a great fan of DuraPlus. Iif you want DuraTech and none is locally available I'd go with an online supplier. or go with the ICC, it is a premium quality chimney.

I have no flue collar adapter for the T6 using DuraVent DVL pipe. It slips in place nicely.

Status
Not open for further replies.