DuraTech temps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

48hf74

Jan 3, 2010
Idaho
I recently removed a 12 inch horiz. piece of DuraBlack 6 inch from my pipe run. Now my Durablack elbow goes right into my 6 inch DuraTech insulated double wall which goes
straight thru the wall thru a thimble. My old temps were cooler but the new setup is code and better for the hearth.. I am getting surface temps right out of the elbow as high as 180.
But 8 inches down the DuraTech it is 155 on the pipe surface and of course about 120 1 inch off the pipe. This sounds ok ,yes??

Seems it should be running hotter. What's the stove temps?

should add 10 degrees on those numbers... but stove running great and baking the place... I noticed that when I installed wood floors the heat is storing thru the night and the room is warm the next morning. At least better than the carpet that was in before. large difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.