1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Duravent Chimney Parts

Post in 'The Wood Shed' started by adams614, Oct 23, 2012.

1. adams614

adams614 Member

Loc:
    VT
    I'm building a Duravent Triple Wall chimney for use with a NC-30. I've got the through the wall kit and chimney sections from Home Depot. I've got to put a 30 or 15 degree bend in the chimney but cannot find the kit anywhere local. I'm in Vermont. Would rather not have to buy from an online vendor but it is looking that way.

Also I wanted to confirm that there is an adapter available to go from the triple wall chimney to a double wall interior pipe. Or does the triple wall terminate in the thimble?

Thanks for any help.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    As far as I have always seen the chimney should continue right through the thimble, then switch over to whatever you are using inside. They must have an adaptor. My s.s. metalbest pipe had an adaptor to go from that to single wall stove pipe. I do not know about triple to double though.
  3. adams614

adams614 Member

Loc:
    VT
    Mods. Can I get this thread moved to the woodstove forum. Did not mean to postin Woodshed. Thanks.