Duravent flex pipe

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rich2500

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Berks County PA.
Here's my situation, my 25pdvc is starting to need several parts to the point that for what I'm going to need to stick into the stove to replace all the parts needed I'm thinking about just investing in a new stove,I was just gonna replace it with a refurb 25 pdvc but I really like the look of the evolution model which I could also get a refurb,the problem I would run into with switching to the evolution model would be the location of the exhaust, so I was wondering if I could use the flex vent right from the back of the stove out the wall to my existing tee(might have to make some minor adjustments to the existing pipe) Or is the flex pipe just for insert installations.

As far as I know, flex is designed to run in an exisiting masonry chimney. They do make a adjustable pipe that will give you some adjustment on length.......but not left/right adjustment.

did more researching and you are correct, flex pipe is for masonry chimney only.guess I gotta stick with another 25 pdvc

How much difference is there in the outlet location. I have compensated for heigth by raising the stoveboard....or bricks or 1" patio stones under the stove. Just a thought.

rich2500 said:
......the problem I would run into with switching to the evolution model would be the location of the exhaust....

The EP has the exhaust on the same side as the PDVC, and it's 16" from floor to center of the exhaust on the EP. Maybe that's close enough to re-use the existing set-up?

the height difference is 3" so that would be no problem I could just put something under the stove or build a new hearth,Thats a big plus that the exhaust is on the same side on each stove,could someone with a evolution freestanding please take a measurement of the exhaust from side to side.My install is a corner install so I don't have much room to shift the stove side to side and I really can't move the stove out from the corner any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.