Duravent Oval to Round Adapter Install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ringer85

Aug 17, 2008
MD
I am installing a Vermont Castings Encore non-cat and using Duravent's DVL oval to round adapter. The screw slits in the adapter are cut so that the seam is in front. This is my first install, but it seems like the seem should be in back? Am I right about this? Does this mean that I have to have the seam facing out all the way up given where the screw holes are cut in the pipe going up (I using the telescoping DVL to the ceiling box). Would there be any issues with drilling my own hole on the other side of the adapter and flipping it so the seam is in back?

Nope, you can drill it. Just be sure it is seated tightly against the stove and secured by three screws evenly spaced around the collar.

Status
Not open for further replies.