Durock clearence

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeff123

Jun 28, 2008
eastern,ct
What type of heat will Durock take ? Could I use a sheet of it as a wall 13" away from my wood stove, there would be 8"" of air between the sheet of durock and a combustable wall.

thx

Durock is cement. It's non-combustible. You could wrap it right around your stove and it wouldn't hurt the Durock, but then, why would you do that? Rick

jeff123 said:
I went to home depot and lowes web site, they don't show durock, is permbase the same ?

No. Don't get Permabase. It has encapsulated "styrofoam"--which is combustible. My local Home Depot had Durock. Go down in person and talk to someone who knows about it. Durock good. Permabase bad.

I got Hardibacker brand at Lowes and used it as wall protection. It's very smooth cement board, I just painted it.

Status
Not open for further replies.