Dusty Stove already Any tips

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok thanks to all your help, I've been buring for the last couple of weeks. My stove top seems to attracted a ton of dust, which I can't seem to clean off. It just smears around. The stove doesn't look all that new anymore. I probably sound like a chic. But it looked cooler when it was new looking. Anyone have tips? should I be polishing the stove already?

Yep, this happens with non-enameled, cast iron stoves. I vacuum the top, then wipe it off with a slightly damp rag.

I use the small soft brush attachment on the hose of my Hoover wind tunnel (hepa vac) - takes care of all the dust that goes w/ wood burning. This year I even used it to buff out the blacking on my old cook stove - didn't spend the rest of the day blowing graphite dust out of my nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.