Dutch West Large

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If its in good shape, yes.

Make sure its truly a 96 vintage. There were significant changes occuring around that time which greatly improved the stove. Check the cat combustor, the grates and other cast parts for warpage.

Also, if you can inspect the cat combustor, you'll also be able to check out the condition of the refractory package that surrounds it. Its fragile and it could be beat up and unuseable. To access the cat you will have to unbolt the top of the stove. Its four bolts I believe, around the perimeter.

Admittedly though, I kinda have a thing for dutchwest stoves. Let some of the others weigh in before pulling the trigger. If it was me though, and I had a use for the stove, I'd jump on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.