Dutchwest 2462 Conundrum

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

serenejames

Dec 29, 2015
PNW
Hi Guys,

I've been looking at these forums for a few months and really appreciate the back and forth and wealth of information there is to find.

I have a specific issue. My fiance loaded wood in the stove facing the glass and slammed the front door shut and broke the front glass.

I know where to go get some cut and what kind of glass it needs to be. The biggest issue I am having is that even though I know the OEM number (7001161) for the glass and where to find the manufacturers manual - no one seems to list the dimensions of the glass.

Mine is not available to measure so I'm at a loss of how to get the dimensions.
\
I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone has the same stove and would be so kind as to provide me with the dimensions or connect me with a resource to find the size.

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to participating more in here.

Many thanks,

Serene James

I have a 2460 so the glass is a different size. When this load burns down I'll open the door and get some pics of how far the glass overhangs the door frame. I don't think the size would be too critical, as long as you leave a little room between the glass and the recessed edges of the door frame.

Bingo.

I'm bringing the door in there when I'm off work. Any idea how to clean the creosote off the screws?

Nice!

Wire brush should do it. Probably not a bad idea to replace the glass gasket too. While you've got the wire brush out, give the area where the class gasket sits a good cleaning.

A quick search and I found this:
I guess it's cheaper because it doesn't have the IR coating like OEM. I'm not sure what that IR coating is supposed to do...?

We cut all our own glass. All we need is the door, we cut to fit, regasket and install same day.
Have you tried a local hearth shop?

Hi Guys,

I've been looking at these forums for a few months and really appreciate the back and forth and wealth of information there is to find.

I have a specific issue. My fiance loaded wood in the stove facing the glass and slammed the front door shut and broke the front glass.

I know where to go get some cut and what kind of glass it needs to be. The biggest issue I am having is that even though I know the OEM number (7001161) for the glass and where to find the manufacturers manual - no one seems to list the dimensions of the glass.

Mine is not available to measure so I'm at a loss of how to get the dimensions.
\
I wanted to reach out here and see if anyone has the same stove and would be so kind as to provide me with the dimensions or connect me with a resource to find the size.

Many thanks in advance and I look forward to participating more in here.

Many thanks,

Serene James

Is the issue with your fiance breaking the glass or that she loaded the stove ?

bob

We cut all our own glass. All we need is the door, we cut to fit, regasket and install same day.
Have you tried a local hearth shop?
This ended up being the solution.

I took the door off and brought it to a local glass shop. They cut the glass and we had it one the stove in under 30 mins.

Reactions: webby3650
Status
Not open for further replies.