dutchwest 2478 -best stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Didgeman

Jan 30, 2010
Spfld,MA
Hello. First time posting but long time reader.We are going on the end of the forth year with our dutchwest non-cat.I have to say it is a finicky stove to get used to,but I think I have the hang of it now.Dry wood make all the difference.I found a new wood supplier last year with good dry wood.Some of the pieces are very big,some to big around and too long to fit,Iwill save them for next year after I fix them.Never had a problem with my stove glowing,getting stove top temps to 550-600 constantly.The right side above the firebrick 600-700,the close bypass,hear the roar,then get a 8-10 hour burn.If I think the burn will overfire,I open the bypass and it stalls the everburn immediately.I never had the stove back glow either.When we had temps around zero in Jaurary,house temps were 75* in the morning.I wasn't happy with it at first,but now I am.

RiffRaff said:
If I think the burn will overfire,I open the bypass and it stalls the everburn immediately

When is it safe to leave the house after a full load, 6 or 8 hours later? %-P

Welcome aboard. Your experiance and knowledge should be useful here to help tame some of the wild VC beasts.
Everburn away...Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.