Dutchwest 2479 Help needed. Re-sticking of brick.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n6crv

Feeling the Heat
Aug 5, 2007
Hillsdale Co. Michigan
Hello, A friend just got a new Dutchwest 2479 stove. When he got it home there was a brick loose. It is the one just inside the side loading door. We cleaned off the stuff, it was stuck down with and tried re-sticking it with Stove Cement. That does not hold work beans. What can we use? Also is it really needed? I can't see what it does to protect much but don't think VC would of put it there for nothing. Thanks!
Don

If it's the one resting on the bottom of the stove just inside the front door (and not the one actually attached to the side door), I wouldn't worry about it. Mine just sat in there and worked fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.