dutchwest blower options

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 14, 2012
CT
I just got burned on an "open-box" blower purchase on ebay (it was used, abused and doesn't work!). So now I am looking at new options and they're crazy expensive. $275 is a lot for two speed fan without a thermostat. Are there cheaper options out there? Is there some generic fan that I can use here? I'm guessing the holes for the flange mount just need to line up..?

BTW, stove is a dutchwest 2462.

The blower is pretty generic looking on the Dutchwest, you might do OK at Grainger. I've looked there in the past and found their blowers to be nearly the same price as the factory one.
Just remember to block the convection holes on the bottom of the stove. I think the factory blower comes with these cover plates, but I can't remember for sure.

Thanks for the ideas. Grainger looks good but I guess they need to be wired up. They don't seem to come with plugs.

I think I got mine on Amazon. I can't get it out right now, will do that shortly, and try to find out how much I paid. I'm sure it was a lot less than $275. My 2460 was back in the fireplace, which created a megaphone effect...pretty noisy in the same room with it. :mad: I think a quieter aftermarket blower might be the way to go...

Thanks Woody. I'm interested to know which model you're running.

Thanks Woody. I'm interested to know which model you're running.
I think this is the one I got; Can't find my purchase record for it. I'm pretty sure I paid less for it, though. I seached for the blower and saw some pics of a squirrel-cage type; Maybe that's for the newer models but you would think that if the stove has the same model number, the parts should be standard. :confused: Maybe that's a new, improved (quiet) fan that would fit old and new.

This is the one I got:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0009973-Dut...od-Stoves-Factory-Original-9973-/151008664159

I think this is the one I got; Can't find my purchase record for it. I'm pretty sure I paid less for it, though. I seached for the blower and saw some pics of a squirrel-cage type; Maybe that's for the newer models but you would think that if the stove has the same model number, the parts should be standard. :confused: Maybe that's a new, improved (quiet) fan that would fit old and new.

This is the one I got:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/0009973-Dut...od-Stoves-Factory-Original-9973-/151008664159
Thanks Woody, I've seen this listing before. Good to know that it's legit.

If your handy I am pretty sure you can get just the motor at Grainger. I could be wrong. When I thought ours was shot I just took it apart and cleaned it up and lubed the bearings and it has worked ever since. We don't use it that much though as it seems to do nothing but interfere with the already good air movement we get from the ceiling fan over our stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.