Q&A Dutchwest Federal airtight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

QandA

Staff member
Nov 27, 2012
Question:

I recently purchased this - $200 for stove and chimney piping. The stove seems to be in excellent shape and is not cracked. It was made in Taiwan. I plan on using it in my camp for heat. My question is this a safe dependable stove and should I be aware of any problems or concerns with it?

Answer:

The Dutchwests made in India and Taiwan were not as high quality as the current models, which are made in Vermont.

Inspect the stove carefully for cracks in the iron. Make certain the seams of the stove are well sealed with furnace cement. Proper installation and chimney are also very important to stove safety....check out the articles about installing a stove on this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.