dutchwest neverburn will burn no more! time for a blaze king

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tobaccogrower

Jan 9, 2010
Suffield Ct
after fighting with my VC Dutchwest large non cat for several years it finally died.

had the local dealer come out to do a inspection on the stove friday. i was getting no heat out of the stove and a ton of smoke when closing damper. we even had one night where it stunk up the house with a strong smoke smell that burned our eyes. wife was so pissed she was going to take kids to hotel! dealer took the stove apart(i was on a snowmobiling trip) and discovered the stove had been severly overheated and ruined the stove! i guess there were holes and big cracks in the back burn chamber!

as far as i know i never overfired this stove. i watch it like a hawk! its so hard to get it to run right it takes 45minutes after loading wood to get it going good. always setting timer and check it every 10 minutes to see if i can shut it down.

dealer said parts were going to be $1650.00 not including labor! thats almost what i paid for the stove new 3 years ago. and as we know the "NEW" VC wont warantee any old VC! bs!! the dealer offered to sell me a new neverburn for $1800.00. no thanks! if i have to buy a new stove its not going to be another POS dutchwest that will screw me over next time somthing breaks! really ticks me off because i had a stainless liner installed to fix the poorly running stove. im done ranting. time to move on...

i'm really interisted in a blaze king princess cat. are they really as good as they claim? will i be able to reload the hot stove and just walk away or will i still have to set timers and wait around for 45minutes? local dealer says they are somwhere around $3300.00. is this a good price for this stove? im going to make some more calls today to other dealers and see what deals i can get. already been a week with the oil furnace running. starting to get depressed(and cold!)

If you have been struggling with DutchWest for this long then a Blaze King will be a relief. My King has only been out of the "active" zone maybe once in about 4 weeks. You truly can set the temp and walk away! $3300 seems high to me, maybe in your area thats normal, I don't know.

looked closely at the stove this morning with my wife. the shoe has a hairline crack in it and the corner was broken. im not sure if the fountain is damaged. how the heck do i take the top off this stove? no idea if its shot why the heck the tech put it back together!

Status
Not open for further replies.