Dutchwest premium steel-cast stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushman1

Mar 12, 2009
Northern Michigan
I have been doing some heavy stove shopping lately and came across the Dutchwest DW2000L02 which is a steel stove with some nice cast iron elements that make it look not entirely like most every other steel stove out there. There does not seem to be much said about this series of stoves. Last week I was pretty much going to buy an Alderlea T-5 and wanted to check out another stove dealer in my area before dropping the dime.

Well, now I have three more stoves which are on my short list. I was attracted to the Dutchwest Cast iron non-cat and the Dutchwest steel-cast stove. This shop also sells Avalon and the Arbor is very seductive.

I burnt a Pacific Energy Super 27 for 10 years and it was good to me. That is why the Alderlea T-5 should be the one I settle down with. Shopping around has really got me doing some serious studying of the brochures.

I have an 1800 square foot ranch and all of these stoves should do fine, my retired coal stove is only rated for 1200 square feet and we were never cold.

So much information on this site about the downdraft stoves. I think that we could pull off the downdraft operation at my place without any trouble. Would a Avalon Arbor or Dutchwest non cat cast stove burn less wood than steel stoves like the Dutchwest steel-cast or a Alderlea T-5. For my wifes sake I am trying to keep my everything simple this time around and end up with a good stove with no regrets.

Bushman

I really like the DW cast iron cat stove in EX large . I burned one for years 24/7 .It was my only heat . I replaced the cat 3 times in about 15years .
My stove was over fired a few years ago and cracked .
My house has been getting bigger over the years so i need a larger stove.
My DW is still burning at a friend's house .
The stove is very easy to use .

Status
Not open for further replies.