DW2500 UPDATE!!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, thats what I thought about both product lines, I really like the look of the PE pacific insert- anyone with experience with that model?? Any Idea what list price is?? I think it will fit in my fireplace but not 100% sure.

Both Napolean and PE are well constructed units. To educate you ever so slightly:

PE stoves and inserts have a flat baffle, crafted from stainless steel, which is not rigidly mounted in the firebox so that it can expand and contract freely within the firebox.

Napolean stoves also have a unique baffle system, in that their secondary is a single tube in the center of the firebox running perpendicular to the front surface towards the rear. This tube has holes on either side of it and the secondary flames will shoot from either side, making a vortex type flame pattern in the roof of the firebox.

Ok thanks Corie- now which is better?? Pros and cons??

That's hard for me to say because I don't have real world experience with either one of them. It seems the owners of both are quite happy with the units. The only perk to the PE would be the EBT, but you'll only get that on the Summit Insert, which may or may not fit in your opening.

Both are constructed well from what I've seen and have a lot of similar features.

wxman said:
yeah, thats what I thought about both product lines, I really like the look of the PE pacific insert- anyone with experience with that model?? Any Idea what list price is?? I think it will fit in my fireplace but not 100% sure.

Check out chimneysweeponline.com to get good pricing information on PE stoves plus a couple others. It is unfortunate that more dealers don't post that information. I'm sure there are reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.