E-1 Error on Englander Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

skydmark1

Jun 29, 2008
Northern NH
Hello Everyone, I've done a bit of searching on this and found a little bit of info but wanted some more input. I have an Englander 55-SHP10. The past couple of days it's been giving me an E-1 code and shuts down, then the room smells a bit like if I had opened the door. I cleaned out my pipe from the T up and it was pretty dirty, then I scraped and vacuumed the inside of the stove. After I did that the stove ran fine all day yesterday til about 1am this morning when it shut off again giving an E-1 code. My next move is to pull the stove and clean the horizontal section of pipe, I'm guessing that it's pretty dirty based on how dirty the vertical section was. I'm hoping that takes care of it but just in case it doesn't, what's my next move? Is there anything I should check while I have the stove pulled away from the wall? Thanks for any help!

skydmark1 said:
Hello Everyone, I've done a bit of searching on this and found a little bit of info but wanted some more input. I have an Englander 55-SHP10. The past couple of days it's been giving me an E-1 code and shuts down, then the room smells a bit like if I had opened the door. I cleaned out my pipe from the T up and it was pretty dirty, then I scraped and vacuumed the inside of the stove. After I did that the stove ran fine all day yesterday til about 1am this morning when it shut off again giving an E-1 code. My next move is to pull the stove and clean the horizontal section of pipe, I'm guessing that it's pretty dirty based on how dirty the vertical section was. I'm hoping that takes care of it but just in case it doesn't, what's my next move? Is there anything I should check while I have the stove pulled away from the wall? Thanks for any help!

Yes, get a gasket for the combustion blower (motor + impeller portion) remove and clean the motor and impeller unit along with the cavity it sits in and from there back to heat exchanger and through the heat exchanger into the firebox.

Status
Not open for further replies.