E 3 CODE TONIGHT

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jim3854

Nov 20, 2011
Rhode island
Just went down to check the stove before I went to bed. Stove was out and I had a E3 code. I had alot of ash under the burn plate and the unit was not getting enough air and it was getting to hot. Cleaned it out and its ready to go. Its a Englander 25pdv.

Glad you fixed it.

BTW, why not put the make & model of your stove in your signature line (found in the control panel at the top of the page)....then you won't have to explain that in all of your posts.

Is there a question here or are you all set? E3 code is an overheating due to the stove harboring too much heat "long residency time" due to a blocked vent or exhaust path OR a convection motor that quits or is has a sweater full of lint trapped in the squirrel cage. Look into it further. Cleaning under the burn grate it not it.

Status
Not open for further replies.