E 3 code what is it?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reefwonders

Nov 11, 2010
Mid-Michigan(Munith)
My American Harvest 6039 ( its the older panel model)is having problems again. Burn pot was full again,so I turned off . When it fully turned off there was still smoke in stove. I opened it up and noticed the smoke was coming from the auger. My son said when he got home it was just about empty,so he went and got another bag and put it in. I pulled all the pellets out and at the bottom was some blackened pellets. I pulled the auger out and cleaned it completely. On start up I adjusted the combustion air with the "B" button and after that the panel went back to its normal setting,but it was an E 3. The feed auger usually runs every 5 sec for 5 sec. This time it waited a long time and ran for over 15-25 sec. So what is the E 3 ? I have been running Somersets for a couple of weeks and I would need to clean every 4 days. I just cleaned this past Saturday and put in Pro-Pellets and now it doing this. Maybe just a coincidence.

Forgot to mention the agitator in the burn pot got stuck. I just tried something. I disconnected the power from the unit and restarted and now its running fine. So maybe the agitator getting stuck was the error. And the blackened pellets all the way back in feed auger was from all the fines in bottom of hopper,since it was basically out of pellets and running maybe the flames in pot ignited the fines. Then when new pellets came down with the fines it tried to ignite the pellets in auger tube?

The manual that came with it is a basic one. I found the good one on iburncorn.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.