e bay--Wireless Thermometer Wood Furnace Temperature monitor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks bart for posting the link,
ant

Looks useful, but a bit pricey. I especially like the fact that the two probes, inches apart have a 5 degree differential!

I have a solar controller with 5 probes. You can get one on ebay for 130+ 15 for extra probes. Not wireless, but phone wire works fine. You may find a use for the solar controllers 110 V output, such as a dump zone control, freeze prevention, etc. even if you don't have solar.

I'm going to get one for my tank. I like the idea of being able to wake up in the morning and see what the temp is without having to run down to the basement. And then I can tell my wife to fire the boiler when the tank temp drops below a certain point when I'm out of town. Or, maybe if I don't feel like getting out of bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.