E-Classic 2300 Installation

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wil12ken

Aug 13, 2008
Central CT
I just received my Central Boiler E-Classic 2300. I plan to connect to my existing system and was hoping to find someone that has a similiar installation with an E-Classic or any other type of OWB. My existing oil boiler serves 4 zones and the HW. I am not planning to change anything with the existing configuration but simply use the OWB to heat the water for my oil burner using a water to water heat exchanger with the wrap-around pump installation.

The installation seems pretty straight forward with one loop from the heat exchanger to the OWB and another loop from the Heat Exchanger to the existing boiler. The loop from the OWB is pretty clear to me as the supply and return connections really only have one option. Tough to mess that up but I still might...

The loop to my existing boiler also seems simple but it was recommended to me that I create my wrap around loop by using "T's" off the pressure relief valve and the drain. The T from the pressure relief would be the supply and the T from the drain would be my return. Does anyone have any advise on the following:

1. Does the recommendation for the loop to my existing boiler make sense?
2. Does the direction of this loop matter?

The instructions illustrate a single zone scenario which uses the return line as the input to the Heat Exchanger. I don't think this applies in my configuration or the recommended installation thus one reason I am asking these questions. The other item that's driving me to ask for some insight is that my existing system has the return lines (cold water) coming into the bottom of the boiler and the supply lines (hot water) coming from the top of the boiler. The recommended installation is the reverse, Pressure relief T is on top of boiler and drain is on the bottom.

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.