E-Classic 2300 Secondary Air Chamber

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpote

Hearth Supporter
I just finished installation of the newly-designed secondary air chamber from CB. It was very easy to install and the unit looks much beefier with a refractory layer located on the reaction chamber side. This looks like it will resolve the burn thru issue. Fired up the unit this AM on the backup propane burner to heat up the water jacket and everything worked well. I think CB has a good fix on this problem and look forward to using my EC2300 this winter.

Attachments

• EC2300 sec air chamber.jpg
    EC2300 sec air chamber.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 758
That does indeed look better. The black part with the holes in it...is it solid steel or is it hollow at the part that is laying on the ground. This looks better than the crap I was told that they were trying to make the replacement part to allow water behind the steel. I couldn't figure out how that was going to work. Hope this solves all the problems.

Does this new setup still use the steel box? I don't see it in your picture. Here is a pic of mine:
-
-
HPIM1627.jpg

The old steel box has been replaced with a much beefier box (the top portion of the unit shown) and then a refractory insert. It looks really good and structurally sound. I think it will be a huge improvement over the previous steel box. The two are not even close to the same design. The new box should work well.

My new fusion combustor went in last week. From what my dealer told me, CB had 3 different initial designs. My cumbustor went in very hard- we had to put it in from the bottom - thru the reaction chamber. Evidently, my design which had metal plates under the refractory would not allow removal of the combustor from the top side . Th bigger issue involved the rope gasket - this could not be installed from the top because the metal plates (the very early design) were in the way. It was impossible to install it from the bottom side too. We cut the rope gasket and laid it on top of the new combustor and then laid the new refractory over it. I am not convinced this will hold up over time.
Bottom line - CB had to experiment before they went live with the fusion combustor . I hope mine holds up. By the way, CB supplied the new combustor and refractory, but the dealers had to replace and not get paid. The customers were asked to take out brick and refractory to get the stove ready. Luckily, I had a great dealer who was happy to help me out. (Rick Young in Conway, NH)

Status
Not open for further replies.