E/W loading stupidity and comeuppance

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

osagebow

Minister of Fire
Jan 29, 2012
Shenandoah Valley, VA
Had a ginourmous 22" wide hunk of oak to put in tonight, so I loaded a f 2 small oak splits E/W on the coals, and tried to drop my Yule log between them. Of course the small split in front slid back, as it burst into flame. I dropped the big one and it got wedged in front. Couldn't flip the andirons up, and poker was just out of reach. After some serious cursing and smoke spillage, I got it fixed as my 9 year old boy ran downstairs to help. I explained what happened and that the smoke was not a danger.
He has a penchant for saving my terse comments for later use against me. He smiled, said "Nice move chucklehead, don't burn the house down!" and walked back upstairs.
I shoulda been a little more lenient when he screwed up while we were cooking eggs the other day.;lol I forgot that line, he didn't!

Status
Not open for further replies.