25 PVDC E2 E2 E2

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rickr

Oct 22, 2016
Ny
I got a englander 25 pdvc pellet stove and I keep gettin a e3 code I cleaned it all out motors and all. I cleaned the igniter 3 times and I still get it I hope someone can help me

Changed the title hoping Mike, head tech at England Stove, drops by and sees it. If you go to www.heatredefined.com/e-2-failure-to-start it gives some tips. Igniter glowing? If yes, then likely air flow around igniter. There was another thread a couple of days ago about someone who had found rust forming and blocking airflow around the igniter. He had used a nail to break through the rust. Positioning of igniter in relation to the pot is important too. I know there are instructions for positioning igniter when replacing on the website in the troubleshooting section.

Always unplug when working in the cabinet ... don't need to add to the troubles by frying the board.

Hi did you give it a complete cleaning behind the steel plate that sits above your burnpot? You will need a leaf blower or a good shop vac with small tubing to get down in there to get it completely cleaned out from behind there as lots of ash that settles down behind there. Pic to show opening in back get in there give good cleaning top and bottom.

Attachments

• 20160716_154227.jpg
    20160716_154227.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 118
Status
Not open for further replies.