ear protection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanw

Feeling the Heat
Sep 23, 2008
ky
who makes ear protectors with leather inside instead of vinyl ????
I tried goggling
Have some older Peltors now . I know they make ears sweat after a while unless its real cold outside
Hubby wear the helmet w mesh shield. I need something since I help and usually lifting small logs up off the ground for him to cut to lengths etc
anyone know......???
Been woodburning since the late 1980s like the peltor way they are made
Anyone like the earbuds// esp one with neckband ??
wanna order two sets one for here other for elsewhere
thanks all
Jean

Sorry I can't help locate the leather ear protectors. But out of all the hearing protection I've tried, I think I like the simple "Roll 'em up and push 'em in" type. They're cheap, disposable, virtually zero weight, you can wear what ever cold weather protection you want over your ears.

http://www.marmicfire.com/browseproducts/LaserLite-reg;-Single-Use-Uncorded-Earplugs.HTML

Something like this has been my favorite. I like the plain, un-corded ones...sometimes the cord makes a "whistling" noise as it moves through the air - or gets caught on things and tugs at the ear plugs

Grainger sells some felt/fleece stick on pads, about 1/16 thick, to stick on ear muffs. They are intended as limited use for cleanliness reasons, like for plant tours of visitors, etc. They might give you the different feel you want. soft fuzzy and cnduct moisture maybe? try grainger.com

I use muffs always, around big diesel and hydr industrial equipment, and at home mowing and sawing. I get pressure in ear canl after long hours with the plugs, and they don't work as well for me. Muffs have better coverage, and they also block sound waves transmitted through the bones around the ear structure. My old (Howard Leight?) are rated 29 db reduction and I think they are close. Soft pads, great coverage. Now part of Peltor or Bilsom I think.

kcj

Status
Not open for further replies.