EARL SCROUNGING BONANZA!!!?????????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Llamaman

Oct 6, 2009
MA
on South Shore of MA............chainsaw tuned up, blade sharpened - who else is psyched for some free wood?

i would assume you are talking about the arrival of Earl?

not normally. What kind of winds are they predicting up there?

We are under Hurricane warning but doubt we will get totally slammed - Accuweather has wind between 40-60 with higher gusts - the National Weather Service and local guys are doing some "CYA" in case in tracks further west - think the big white pines and dead hardwoods could see some damage

I think you need more exclamation and question marks in your all caps screaming thread title. I'm having difficulty discerning whether or not you're genuinely excited about this. %-P Rick

(I hope the storm skirts all populated areas and leaves little/no damage in its wake.)

Do the Llamas have skidding harnesses?

Earl will not get us(and I'm glad!) but I was thinking a lot of people here will be scrounging this weekend! I'll just stick with the usual scrounging in my wooded area and be happy with that!

I was at least hoping to get a little rain out of it as I dont think it rained here in several months,nothing yet, oh well.

Not that it's "Earl" related but we are getting 40+ mph winds right now and I was wondering about dead-fall/live-fall as aresult AND hoping the ones in the yard don't take out anything of impotance if they decide to go. (1 bl. walnut 50+ yrs, 1 sycamore @40+ and one silver maple that dwarfs the house that is at least 65+ yrs). It does make one wonder though.

Status
Not open for further replies.